Updated May 25, 2018
2. Information We Collect
2.1. When You Visit our Website
When you visit the Website we only collect Browsing Information as describe below. We might request that you provide Personal Information for specific Website interactions such as requesting more information or support, for event registrations or access to exclusive content.
2.2. When You Directly or Indirectly Engage with Us
2.3. Personal Information
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, email address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from third party service providers.
2.4. Navigational Information
This refers to information about your computer and your visits to this Website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Navigation Information” section below.
3. Use of Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Website
- Send information to you which we think may be of interest to you by email, postal mail or other means;
- Perform general marketing communications and promotional activities relating to our products and services which we think may be of interest to you;
- To initiate and complete commercial transactions with you, or the entity that you represent, for the purchase of products and/or services;
- To fulfill an agreement that we have entered into with you or with the entity that you represent;
- To provide customer support relating to our products or services.
3.2. Use of Navigational Information
We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized or customized information.
3.3. Security of your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We are in no way liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the wrongful or unlawful use of your personal data by a third party.
3.5. Retention of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you on our services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “Opting Out” below.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website you visit. Vium keeps track of the Website and pages you visit within Vium, in order to determine what portion of the Vium Website is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions within the Website.
6. Opting Out
6.1. Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
Upon request, Vium will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request for the data portability of your user information
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by Vium as described in provision “Unsubscribe from Our Communications” hereunder.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
6.2. Unsubscribe From Vium Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails. Unsubscribing to our marketing communications won’t affect any transactional emails related to customer accounts.
6.3 GDPR Compliance
You may direct any inquiries or complaints related to our compliance towards GDPR to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you have the possibility of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority within the European Union.