“Vium’s data science fundamentals represent the critical difference in matters of reproducibility, efficiency and error reduction in the preclinical environment.”
- 49 individually ventilated cages
- 24/7 data collection
- Uses disposable IVC caging
- System and Study Management Web Application
- Access and view studies from your web browser
- Real time streaming of Digital Biomarker data
- Connects Vium Smart Housing™ to Vium cloud
- Supports up to four Vium Smart Housing racks
- Internal back-up storage for up to 48 hours
- Provides airflow for two Vium racks
- Connected to the cloud allowing for remote control and monitoring
- HEPA filtration at both supply and return
Benefits of the Vium Smart Housing System
Vium Digital Biomarkers
Vium’s platform provides continuous real-time measurement of Motion, Breathing Rate, and percent time running on wheel. These novel Digital Biomarkers are collected and available throughout the course of the study and are available for viewing in real-time.
Improved Insights and Accuracy
- Automated objective data collection, reducing errors and bias from subjective manual data collection
- The ability to monitor and record subjects 24/7 provides unrivaled ability to capture Digital Biomarker data both day and night for the entire study
- Non-invasive physiological readouts provide novel views into subject health and well-being which can be applied broadly in various research and disease applications
Transparency and Efficiency
- Easily monitor subjects and study results remotely from any internet-enabled device
- Digital biomarker data and analysis updated in real-time
- Instantly share study results with colleagues around the world
- Obtain a complete video recording of your study for future data mining
- Objectively measure indicators of animal health and well-being using automated digital biomarkers without disturbing the animal
- Receive real-time notifications for animals with digital biomarker changes indicative of declining health or onset of disease state
- Reduce the number of found dead animals improving study power and scientific outcomes
- Minimize animal handling that may inadvertently lead to stress and alter study results
24/7 Automated Subject Monitoring
- 24/7 HD Video recording, day and night, from above-cage cameras
- Automatically captures subject physiological and behavioral biomarkers non-invasively
- Individually lit cages with LED white light and IR light for night-time video capture
- 49 Cage positions for full-scale studies
24/7 Automated Data Collection and Subject Monitoring
Vium Smart Housing is a revolutionary rodent housing system that records 24/7 subject video and a wide range of physiological data in the home-cage.
Utilizing HD cameras and remote sensors, the system non-invasively generates automated Digital Biomarkers are continuously captured in real-time and are instantly accessible online providing unrivaled access to in vivo study data.
As part of an integrated digital system, the Vium system allows scientists to control and monitor their study from their computer via their secure on-line Vium Research Suite account.
Access Experiment Video and Study Data Online
- View HD video and data from any ongoing or completed study
- Manage racks and cage positions virtually
- Download study data for further analysis
The Vium Research Suite is an online interface for securely accessing all aspects of an ongoing study that uses our Smart Housing system.
Researchers can manage and monitor experiments, including setting up a new study, view ongoing and completed studies, including subject video, Digital Biomarker data and graphs, download study data, access system management tools, and more.
Connects Vium Smart Housing to the Vium Cloud
- Supports up to 4 Vium Smart Housing racks
- Provides up to 48 hours of local data back-up
The Vium Base Station is the secure link between studies taking place in Vium Smart Housing and the Vium Cloud.
All video and sensor data collected by the Smart Housing cages are collected by the Base Station and are regularly transferred to the Vium Cloud. All data collected is then accessible in real-time from any web browser via the online Research Suite.
The Base Station also provides 48 hours of local data backup in the event of internet loss. Once the internet connection is restored, the data is transferred to the cloud and processed.
Air Flow for Vium Smart Housing Racks
- Provides consistent clean airflow for up to 2 Vium Smart Housing racks
- Connected to the cloud allowing for remote setting and monitoring
- HEPA filtration
The Smart Blower provides HEPA filtered air to the Individually Ventilated Cages (IVC) contained within the Smart Housing racks.
The Smart Blower is designed to provide airflow for one or two Vium Smart Racks and can be set to provide either negative or positive pressure. It contains HEPA filters at both the supply and exhaust. <!- and can be monitored and controlled from within the online Research Suite. ->
“PLab chose Vium because its automated platform ensures higher quality data and more effective analytics.”
A Wide Range of Applicable Therapeutic Areas
- Lung Injury (Paraquat)
- Lung Fibrosis (Bleomycin)
- Lung Infection (p-aeruginosa)
- Lupus (MRL/lpr)
- MS (MOG1-125 or 35-55)
- Rat Collagen-Induced Arthritis
- Ovarian Cancer
- Glioblastoma (GL261)
- Lung Fibrosis (Bleomycin)
- Acute Liver Injury
- Cytokine Activation
- Track longitudinal changes in animal behavior and physiology across different mouse strains and models
- Perform phenotypic screens with greater efficiency and reproducibility
- Reduce sample size requirements due to larger effect sizes
- Monitor animal welfare remotely 24/7
- Observe disease earlier and for longer periods
- Non-invasively track disease progression and pulmonary dysfunction
- Complements traditional ex vivo tissue analysis